SSI Sintered Specialties is a supplier of high volume iron and stainless
components for the Pump and Compressor market for over thirty (30)
years. Many of the components in these systems are well suited to
the powder metal process and the economy it offers (for Automotive
Pumps, please see our Automotive Applications Page).
- Their geometry provides for net shape manufacturing with very
little secondary operations
- The material flexibility of powder metal grades offers many
choices to address mechanical properties; elongation, hardness,
corrosion, yield strength, etc.
- Secondary machining can be employed where needed to add
undercuts, cross-holes, or qualify diameters
- Post sintering operations may also include impregnation or
steam treatment, depending on the application
- Capability to create custom blends of material,
in the event the customer has a unique need.