High density stainless steel metal PM components are found in a variety of diesel exhaust emission control systems and filters such as Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) systems utilizing urea and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) systems. Typical applications include injector flanges, sintered metal filters, DPF flanges, and a variety of sensor bosses.
- Markets include Heavy Truck, Construction / Agriculture, Light Truck, and Passenger Car Diesel Engines
- PM solutions represent the lowest cost solution when challenging geometries are required for mounting interfaces.
- Material selection includes 434 at 7.2 g/cm3 minimum density and 304 at 7.0 g/cm3 minimum density
- These higher densities are required in order to meet corrosion and environmental requirements, as well as weldability. In some cases, projection welded designs are utilized.
- SSI currently supports applications with Detroit Diesel, Volvo, Hino, John Deere, General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler.
- The Controls Technologies Division of SSI designs and manufactures a range of metal filters and ultrasonic level and quality sensors for SCR applications