SSI is the market leader producing a comprehensive family of high density stainless steel O2 sensor bosses for the automotive and heavy truck industries. These bosses are used to mount oxygen, temperature, NOx, ammonia, and pressure sensors in key locations providing critical performance data for system controllers.
- High temperature sintering of powder metal stainless steel is preferred as the least costly method of manufacturing components with complex geometries such as contoured pipe interface, angles, steps, and weld projections
- Excellent performance relative to weldability, fatigue, oxidation, thermal and corrosion resistance – over 200 million parts in the field with zero warranty concerns
- Currently shipping over 40 million bosses per year to customer manufacturing plants around the world with documented quality levels of less than 1 PPM
- Global technical sales support
- Dedicated focused factory and support staff ensures maximum performance at the lowest cost
- Stainless material grades include 409, 430, and 434 at 7.2 g/cm3 minimum density, 304 at 7.0 g/cm3 minimum density, and 309L at 7.3” minimum density
- Application experience going back to 1996