What we do
We use a wide variety of powder metal (P/M) materials and processes including secondary machining and assembly to manufacture high volume, custom tooled components for customers around the world.
Fundamentals of SSI Technologies, Inc.
As a customer of SSI, you can expect
- Ethical and professional interaction at all times from all team members regardless of role
- Product delivered on time and to print specifications
- Competitive pricing based on sound business principles and creation of value
- An honest engineering evaluation of our capabilities as related to your application
- A financially sound supplier prepared to invest in further business growth
- A safe work environment for all company employees and customer visitors
- A dedicated culture of customer support with rapid response to open issues
Where we are
SSI Technologies, Inc. headquarters and manufacturing plants are located in Janesville, Wisconsin, USA - a community of approximately 60,000 people located along interstate highway 90/39
- Roughly 100 miles northwest of Chicago’s O’Hare airport, 75 miles southwest of Milwaukee’s General Mitchell airport, or 40 miles south of Dane County Airport in Madison, Wisconsin.
- GPS address = 3330 Palmer Drive, Janesville, Wisconsin, USA 53547
- Parker Pen Company initiates Panoramic sintering division to manufacture porous metal pen components
- Expands into outside sinter markets including first automotive application
- Expands into structural applications including co-developing an improved hardware method for mounting a rear view mirror to the automotive windshield. Today, SSI is still the market leader for this application.
- In 1982, Parker Pen sells the sintering division to a private group of investors who re-name the company SSI Technologies, Inc. One member of the group remains today as the sole owner.
- Expands material and process offerings with development of Full Density and Metal Injection Molding (MIM) product lines featuring stainless steel and tool steel materials
- Developed line of tone wheel products to support emerging Anti Lock Brake industry.
- Pioneered the conversion of automotive exhaust components (flanges and hego sensor bosses) from wrought products to stainless steel sintering products earning several industry awards.
- Invested in two building expansions to support the emerging exhaust components market
- Transformed plant manufacturing layout from historical “batch” processing to “continuous flow” manufacturing – improving quality, reducing cost, and streamlining inventory
- Increased max press tonnage capacity from 220 tons to 550 tons
- Earned QS-9000 quality certification
- Strategically invested to bring secondary machining and assembly processes “in house” to expand capabilities and become an industry leader in terms of secondary machining capabilities
- Earned TS 16949/ISO 9001 quality certification
- Earned numerous “Supplier of the Year” awards from customers
- In support of rapid growth, SSI invested in two more building expansions as well as purchasing a second building in Janesville increasing total manufacturing square footage to a level of 150,000
- Increased max press tonnage capacity from 550 tons to 880 tons
- Earned ISO 14001 Environmental certification
- Adopted a formal Lean Six Sigma program - developed 10 Green Belt and 10 Black Belt staff members
2010 - Current
- In support of continued growth, SSI further invested in additional manufacturing equipment and building space increasing manufacturing square footage to its current level of 250,000
- Established technical sales offices in China, Korea, Germany, Japan, and Brasil
- Expanded product lines to include highly engineered iron components in support of Variable Valve Timing (VVT) and Variable Vane Pump (VVP) applications
- Honored by customers with additional “Supplier of the Year” awards
- Invest further in Lean Six Sigma bringing total number of trained staff to 59 Yellow Belt, 46 Green Belt, and 26 Black Belt staff members
- Shipments grow beyond 100 million parts per year